Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA)
The Paperwork Reduction Act of 1980
Designed to reduce the government forms and paperwork required of private businesses and citizens.
- Requires a minimum 90-day process before collecting information from the public.
- Does not apply to collection from fewer than 10 people or Federal employees.
- The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) must approve your survey questions. Exceptions do apply.
- This should not interfere with most forms of design research and usability testing.
- There is a dedicated #pra Slack channel for any questions.
Asking 10 or more members of the public the same questions.